Monday 9 April 2007

hope























Driving home Friday, after errands, I passed the cemetary which is the usual route when coming from that part of town. I turned the corner and could see a burial taking place. A large group of people stood gathered around the casket. I couldn't help but wonder was it a father/mother, wife/husband, son/daughter, sister/brother, aunt/uncle, friend, confidant or perhaps neighbour? I don't know. My eyes welled up with tears for a moment. That person being laid to rest mattered to the people who gathered there.

I continued the short drive home. Only minutes later did I see a man outside cutting his lawn. It wasn't the man so much that I noticed, it was the playful and happy dog that begged his attention while he stood behind the mower. I smiled big and laughed out loud.

I arrived home. In that brief ten minutes drive, I had gone from simple mundane driving, to tears in my eyes, to laughing out loud.

Life is a series of moments. Great, and some not so great. Thus far, the great definitely outweigh the not so great.

Today is Easter, and at this moment I am reminded of the hope and life I have in Him. That this life, my series of moments, will one day die physically but never spiritually.

Wishing everyone a beautiful Easter filled with love and hope.

7 comments:

Tongue in Cheek Antiques said...

Joyous Easter Monday to you. Thank you for the thoughtful link

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter, Cheeky! Yes, life is a series of moments...I'm glad that you're experiencing the great moments right now.

PS - I certainly don't mind you stopping by my blog! I'm behind in my blog responses these days...my life has been a bit of a rollercoaster these last few weeks...but I definitely do enjoy hearing from you! :)

Louise said...

What a great post!!...its always amazing to see how life can 'hit' us sometimes and we wake up to see it in a whole new way and it doesn't have to take a tragedy to realise the amazing gift we have!!
Thanks for that inspiring message!!

all over the map said...

tic - you are so very welcome. thank you for the beautiful story through photos.

susanna - great moments indeed, and always working to make it over the hurdles. i love to visit and i look forward to popping in regularly.

louise - ty. it is importatnt to be thankful for the good and bad, although it's always more difficult with the latter. He is my inspiration.

Michelle | Bleeding Espresso said...

Wonderful description of life's beautiful range of emotions; hope you had a lovely holiday as well :)

all over the map said...

sognatrice - Thanks. The range is far and wide. Easter was quiet and good.

[a} said...

Super post! I love how a simple thing like a drive can bring such varied thoughts and emotions to us.